Other Course Work

This unit plan was created for my EDTL 3200 Teaching and Learning course. This was our first unit plan assignment designed to familiarize us with the TRU unit plan template. In addition to that though, we were asked to design something that was indigenously inspired from the outset. To accomplish this, I designed this unit plan for the grade 3 social studies curriculum, exploring the concept of significance. In the unit we use story books written by indigenous authors, indigenous artwork, and a presentation from a local elder to explore what is significant to different groups and to ourselves. The unit ends with the students presenting to the class something that is significant to them and why it is significant. 

This project was for our EDSO 3200 Social Studies Methods course. In it we were tasked with designing a gamification unit. Gamifying content in the classroom can be an excellent way to get students really engaged in their learning and motivated to push themselves further than they may have otherwise. I chose to base my gamification on the book “Have you Filled a Bucket Today” by Carol Mcloud. This is an excellent book that shows students how their own behaviors affect themselves and those around them. Throughout the exercise students will be working to be bucket fillers (be kind and generous) as we try to fill actual buckets with beads. Once the classes bucket is full we get a reward. 

This is an assignment that was done for our EDLL 3100 Language and Literacy course. In this project we were supposed to discuss our own personal journey with language. The project was presented as an oral telling. It was a fun activity where we were able to be a little more creative and write something that was not as professional and structured as we normally were writing.